Tamiya 1/16 RC US M1A2 Abrams W/Option Kit 56041
RRP : £1,299.00
This is for kit only, however, if you require this model as Built or RTR, please email to discuss further options.
This item is due in January 2020, if you wish to pre-order this item send us an email.
Out of stock
This large-scale Big Tank Series R/C model assembly kit recreates the formidable modern U.S. Main Battle Tank M1A2 Abrams.
The M1 Abrams was formally adopted in 1980, and features highly recognizable flat surfaces and angular form, plus a powerful gas turbine engine. It was designed to be upgrade friendly, and various modifications throughout its service life have seen it remain at the cutting edge of military technology into the present day. One upgraded variant was the M1A1HA, which supported a 120mm smoothbore gun and depleted uranium armor on the turret and hull; the M1A2 evolved this design further with technological advancements such as the CITV thermal imaging sight, a Positive/Navigation System and integrated sights for the commander and the driver. Its IVIS system allows advanced communication and information sharing between friendly vehicles. The M1A2 appeared in 1992 and in 2003 it saw its first action, in operations in Iraq.
About the R/C Model:
- The angular Abrams form is accurately recreated.
- Take control of forward/reverse movement, a range of turns and pivots, turret rotation and gun elevation. Gun recoil and vehicle kickback are also recreated.
- Authentic gas turbine engine and firing sounds are coordinated with model actions.
- Gun barrel control system factors in the model movement and elevation changes keep main gun trained in a direction set via the transmitter.
- Compatible with separately sold 4-channel transmitter.
Have a questions regarding this item? contact us and we will be happy to help!