Widely recognized as the best modern day Main Battle Tank (MBT), Tamiya introduces the latest German Leopard 2 tank, the Leopard 2 A6, to the 1/16 scale R/C tank series. This model comes with DMD Unit T-07 for real action movement, lighting and digital sound effects. In order to further enhance realism, sound effects such as engine start-up, shut down, acceleration, discharge etc. have been digitally recorded from the real tank. Tamiyas biggest R/C tank ever, its just like driving the real thing!
About the Leopard 2 A6
The latest upgrade to the Leopard 2 is a newly designed 55 caliber 120mm smoothbore main gun. Measuring 1.3m longer than the 44 caliber main gun of its predecessor, the Leopard 2 A5, the new gun of the 2 A6 provides higher projectile velocity for increased range and penetration. The 2 A6 retains improvements made to previous Leopard 2 tanks including wedge shaped spaced armor effective against chemical weapons and improved electric gun control and stabilization system. The use of the 2 A6 continues to spread throughout Europe with the Netherlands, Spain and Greece adopting the 2 A6 as their main battle tank.
About the Model
- Overall length: 688mm, Overall width: 237mm
- Comes with DMD Unit T-07 for real action movement, lighting and digital sound effects
- 2 lighting modes (same as the real tank) for a total of 7 lighting combinations
- Real action movement includes:
- Rotating turret: 360 degrees in 9 seconds (same as the real tank)
- Gun elevation: maximum elevation 20 degrees, maximum depression 9 degrees
- Sharp turning and pivot turning
- Gun automatically reloads and returns to original firing position
- Recoil action after firing main gun
- Engine start-up, shut down, acceleration, discharge etc. digitally recorded from real tank
- Propelled by 2 Type 540 running motors
- The 1/16 Scale Leopard 2 A6 is Tamiyas biggest R/C tank ever! Height: 186mm, Rear turret to gun tip: 688mm, Width: 237mm, Weight (fully loaded): 4750
- Requires 7.2v Ni-Cad battery pack & charger
- 4-channel R/C system (transmitter and receiver)
Have a questions regarding this item? contact us and we will be happy to help!