The MF-01X is a compact chassis set to revolutionize the M-Chassis genre, and the all-important first model on this platform recreates the legendary Japanese off-roader, the Suzuki Jimny. The Jimny, of course, has been on sale as one variant or another since 1970, gaining numerous fans thanks to its versatility and toughness. The JB23 depicted by this model is one of the 3rd generation Jimnys introduced in 1998 which had a modernized, rounded body design. It featured a feisty little fuel injected, turbocharged 658cc engine and was a popular car in the domestic Japanese market.
Power is transmitted from the rear mounted motor to the front wheels via a propeller shaft that runs down the side of the MF- 01X. Gearboxes are integrated into the monocoque for a sturdy and easy-to-assemble structure.
The MF-01X has a three-section make-up; changing the central spacer section enables short
(210mm), middle (225mm), and long (239mm) wheelbases. Item 58614 uses a middle wheelbase; option parts Item 54654 is needed to change to a short wheelbase, and Item 54655 when changing to a long wheelbase.
- Lightweight, sturdy monocoque composed of left/right halves which incorporate the gearboxes.
- 3-section frame
- The car model features the M wheelbase: 225mm. Change to S (210mm) or L (239mm) wheelbase by switching the spacer used in the center section, and fitting Items 54654-54655 MF-01X Propeller Shafts.
- Compatible with existing M-chassis bodies.
- Torque-tuned motor and ESC will need to be purchased separately
- Rally Block tires are included. Width/Diameter: 27/69mm
- Separate parts recreate door mirrors.
Required for completion; 2 Channel Radio System, 1 Servo, Battery and Charger, Polycarbonate Paint for the Body, Tools for assembly.
Have a questions regarding this item? contact us and we will be happy to help!